HEALTH & SAFETY
- Every participant is responsible for his/her involvement in the race. The Organisers will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during any leg of the Race.
- Every participant need to be aware that his/her participation in the Race is physically demanding and involves a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every participant acknowledges that he/she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Race and that such acceptance is a precondition to my participation. Every participant understands that he/she will have to co-operate fully with the Organisers and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements.
- Every participant shall therefore not hold the Organisers or any of its related companies or any of their respective officers, employees and agents liable for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the participant during the course or arising from any cause in connection with his/her participation in the Race where such damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life is not caused by the gross negligence of the Organisers.
- To maintain the safety of participants and individuals involved in the race, no pets or any form of wheel-run modes of transport (excluding bicycles during the bike leg), including but not limited to inline wheelchairs, skates, prams, push cars, or shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course other than official race/medical vehicles.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure participants’ safety, participants partake in this Race at their own risk and the Organiser, the sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, and insurers of such entities shall not be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, suffered during or otherwise arising from the Race.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to seek consultation from medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Race Day.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, at the Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the Race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others or should they fail to comply with the Rules and Regulations.
- The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the Race in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Race at the Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- If a participant feels unwell before/during any leg of the Race, he/she should seek immediate attention.
- Every participant is responsible for his/her recognition and understanding of race signage relating to direction and facilities.
- Medical personnel authorized by the Organisers may examine any participant who appears to be in distress. In the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, the authorized medical personnel may remove the participant from the run.
- Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the organising staff, official medical staff or any governmental authority including fire and police officers.
- Participants are responsible and will assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of participation in the Race, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stay, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- The Organisers reserve the right to make any amendment to the Race that we deem necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
- The Organisers reserved the right to delay, cancel or suspend the Race for any reason as it may see fit and/or due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to inclement weather and terrain. No refund will be issued in these circumstances by Infinitus Productions or any of its agents.
- Participants must not use, possess or distribute alcohol, tobacco or drugs, with the exception of those prescribed by a physician.
- For your safety and the safety of others, no headphones are allowed on the course. You will be asked to remove your headphone prior to the race. You will be disqualified from the race if you are caught wearing headphones during any leg of the race.
- Participants must not verbally, physically abuse, demonstrate vulgar actions towards another participant, official or public. Anyone behaving in a disorderly or disruptive manner may be asked to leave and may result in discontinuation from the Race.
- The Organisers reserve the right to refuse participation of the Race if participants are found to be breaking any Terms & Regulations stated by the Organisers; putting the health and safety of other participants, staff or the public at risk; or engage in abusive or violent behavior in any way.
- By participating in the Race, you grant the Organisers and their respective assigns, licensees and affiliated companies the exclusive right to use, and to grant others the right to use, your name, likeness, biographical information, photographs, voice, personal characteristics, incidents in your life and other personal identification, as well as any videotape, sound recordings or other audio or visual portrayals of you in any and all manner and media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, in connection with the runs or any other productions, including any advertising or promotion thereof.
- The assigned bib must be worn on the front side of the Participant’s attire on Race Day. Participants not wearing the race bib will be disallowed to participate in the Race.
- Participants must complete each individual leg of the race within the cut-off timing and may not take optional or shorten routes. Violators of the above rule will be deemed as disqualified.
- Participants are responsible in ensuring that the timing chip is strapped to the ankle in a secured manner, especially for participants taking part in the Relay Category.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of the Race for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and Participant’s participation in the Race shall be deemed consent to this clause and waiver of any further notice, consent or consideration for such use.
- Support vehicle or pacers are not allowed during the run legs and it is the responsibility of the Participants to stay on the race course and failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Running with bare torso is not allowed.
- Every participant must wear adequate foot protection with a sole while running.
- Cyclists are expected to compete with a properly maintained bike and helmet.
- Motorised vehicles, motorbikes, unicycles, tandem bicycles, and fixed wheels with no brakes are not allowed in the event.
- Race number stickers are required to be displayed clearly on the left, right, front side of the helmet and on the bike itself.
- Do not blocks others and always pass on the right.
- Organiser will remove a bike from competition which does not comply with the rules or is unsafe.
- The helmet must be securely fastened at all times when the competitor is in possession of the bicycle.
- Cycling with bare torso is not allowed.
- Single speed bikes are not permitted.
- Participants are only allowed to rack their bikes at their designated bicycle rack
- All unused personal equipment must stays within each Participant’s bike rake and must not be discarded on the field of play or left in the space of another competitor.
- Participants must not impede the progress of other competitors in the transition area.
- Strictly no tampering of fellow participant’s equipment in the transition area.
- Participants must mount & dismount their bicycle at the designated area or line
- Cycling in the transition area is not allowed at all times.
- Only Participants who are transiting, Race officials and designated volunteers are allowed in the transition area during the Race.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICIES
- Once the Registration Form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
- Entries to the Race are strictly not transferable.
Early Bird Pricing
(15.4.14 – 16.4.14)
(17.4.14 – 20.6.14)
(Team of 2)
KM Team Challenge
(Minimum of 4 for each team)
*Prices are inclusive of GST
Registration for the Race is open to Participants age 18 years and above as of 20th July 2014.
- The “Gun Time” will be used to determine the winners for all competitive categories.
- The Organiser reserve the right to disqualify any winners if he/she is found to have violated the rules and regulations in any way.
- Any dispute will have to be submitted to the Organiser within 30 minutes after the prize presentation.
RACE PACK COLLECTION
- There is no race pack collection for this event. Your race entitlements will be couriered to you. Our customer service team will contact you for your preferred delivery date (15, 16 or 17 July between 10am and 5pm) and address.
- For overseas participants, you can either provide a local (Singapore) delivery address or pick up your race pack on 20 July, 5am at the Information booth at the race site.
- You may download your race guide from the website from 14 July onwards